Nice, Alpes-Maritimes, France .
Mediterranean Sea .
43°42'0''N-7°15'0''E

mercredi 9 juin 2021

La Lanterna


 

76 meters high , 
highest lighthouse of Italy , 
highest lighthouse of the Mediterranean Sea ,
5th highest lighthouse in the wolrd ,
offering light to sailors since 1126 .

3 commentaires:

Taken For Granted a dit…

What a wonderful old photo of this lighthouse. I have never seen one that tall. This must be the oldest lighthouse as well as the tallest. It must have been rebuilt a number of times? Does it still exist?
About the signs in my post today, I am not sure I understand them all either, so don't feel bad. There is a small sign over the doorway that I think is in German, and I can't read it.

James a dit…

Great postcard! The photo is amazing.

Comment obtenir des fesses d'acier ? Monter les escaliers du phare. :-)

merlecolibri a dit…

phare grandiose, et son histoire l'est tout autant !
merci pour cette belle image ancienne