Nice, Alpes-Maritimes, France .
Mediterranean Sea .
43°42'0''N-7°15'0''E

mercredi 21 juillet 2021

Saint-Pierre / Saint Peter (3)




Every year , the boat of the poorest fisherman is sentenced:

The "pointu" will be burned at the end of the day.

Then , each of the fishermen of the harbour will give some money,

and all together , they'll buy a new boat for the man ,
so that he can go on earning his living in the best conditions.
 

2 commentaires:

Taken For Granted a dit…

What a terrible end to a fine, old wooden boat. Looks like it could be easily restored, but perhaps the wood has rotted and the boat is beyond saving? My post today is a sign with a double entendre (two meanings). One is low cut women's blouses are unwelcome, and the other meaning is that they enjoy looking down women's low cut blouses. The sign is really just a joke.

James a dit…

I wish I could start that tradition for cars. Mine is almost 20 years old. :-)
This reminds me of a boat that I see during my evening walks. Instead of burning it, they found another use for it (une jardinière bateau).