Nice, Alpes-Maritimes, France .
Mediterranean Sea .
43°42'0''N-7°15'0''E

mardi 15 décembre 2020

Trophies


  More than one hundred years ago , some french sailors gathered around german trophies .

Those guys , even described as "sailors", were  actually  belonging to naval infantry , or french marine corps , an infantry force that specialized  in the support of naval and army operations on land.



2 commentaires:

Taken For Granted a dit…

Good to see this historic photo of these Marine soldiers celebrating. When my Dad returned from WWII he brought home a collection of German war trophies. Thank you for your comment on my blog today. You completely understood what I was seeing when I took this picture. It was all about the lines.

James a dit…

Celebration, some wine and then back to the war. I've always been intrigued by The Great War. I used to spend hours "reading" and looking at pictures from history books.