Nice, Alpes-Maritimes, France .
Mediterranean Sea .
43°42'0''N-7°15'0''E

lundi 21 septembre 2020

Beauty's back

First time I saw the Belem was in the early eighties.
So we have a long story together.
In those times, the boat was almost a ruin, ready to be destroyed.
But a famous french bank decided to save it, and now, look at it!
 
 
 

 

                            I visited the Belem in many harbours, saw its revival through the years.


 
Which explains  why I have this feeling,
of seeing an old friend.
If having a hug with a boat was possible,
I would have the Belem in my arms!


2 commentaires:

Taken For Granted a dit…

What a great looking schooner. I am so glad someone decided to fund the restoration of the Belem. She is beautiful in the water. She must be one of the original clipper ships. Thank you for your comments on my recent posts. Always good to hear from you.

James a dit…

Quel beau bateau ! Did you go inside or take a little voyage?

En 2015 j'ai vu L'hermione à Philadelphie. C'était magnifique !
I regret not going inside of the ship.